21 April 2006

sense of achievement?

Finally breaking down, along with the elastic and material of my first bib shorts, I have ordered a new pair. Maybe it was last cyclocross season that finished off my collegiate riding / racing Virginia Tech Cycling Team kit bibs. Non the less, after a few good rides this spring, I have come realization that although my road saddle, Selle Itallia Storika, is not that forgiving, my first pair of bib shorts have tuckered out. I eagerly await my new ones. Thanks to Kim at Castelli, I now have a pair of Y Pro bibs on the way! If the Y Pro's are half as good as Cole talks them up to be, they will be great :-) Saddness though insues with the loss of "Hokies" stenciled across my upper rear end.

Have I mentioned how much I stand behind and in bib shorts for road riding?! They are simply great! If you thought chamois shorts were nice... give the bibs a try. More comfort through a less restrictive waist line and better support via the shoulder straps.

Alas, there are still some mountain biking days when I prefer just the shorts rather than bibs. Not sure why... just a different style of riding, I guess.

Anyway, just knowing I have ridden enough to wear out a pair a shorts / bibs... there's a certain sense of achievement.

No comments: