16 November 2006

Cyclocross 2006 mid season report

Sigh. Transitions and barriers, the heart of cyclocross, describes my season thus far. It has been a tough season for me, but I am continuing to keep pedaling. I discovered that I started the season with a drop in fitness from summer training as well as a lack of sufficient grass riding practice prior to the season's start. Throw those two factors in the mix with upgrading to intermediate catagory (CX 3 / B's) and the result is mid to back 1/3 pack positioning. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, just discouraged after last year's success-filled introduction to cyclocross. Still, dedication and persitance has been seeing me through the season thus far. All things considered, I have had fairly decent placings while having a good time riding cyclocross.

No comments: