09 April 2007

Party at the Moon Tower

Gary Fisher HiFi + Day off from work = Fun. Two hours to be exact, and just about 20 miles. Funny. Didn't seem that long. I was just having fun and didn't want to stop. Admittedly, there was some pavement portaging, but there was also a lot of singletrack without having to drive anywhere.

It started with heading for the Mill Mountain trails for a little climbing / descending action. Then I remembered hearing about the Wood Thrush trail, a new trail from the water tank along the lower portion of the Star trail. The Wood Thrush skirts along up the mountain somewhat paralleling the Fishburn parkway. The Wood Thrush trail opens up again just within sight of the Chestnut Ridge Trail. Good if the Chestnut Ridge Loop ever opens to bicycles, but also good enough to connect with the Ridge Trail and head back towards the Discovery Center.

After descending down the Terra Alta trail and heading towards the hospital to link with the Greenway to Wassena, I changed my mind and to Avenhiem over to Wonju to the bike lane on Colonial and linked into the Murray Run singletrack at VWCC / Fishburn Park.

Did I mention I love my Hifi Pro?! Just over a hunderd miles on it since February! That's more ride time than my Serotta Nove got when it was new.

And, yes, I did see the lone shoe.

ps. Props to Bill Gordge and crew along with Pathfinders for Greenways for bringing us all these awesome opportunities.

No comments: