04 January 2008

time for the epic rides...

Last Sunday 30 december 2007 - last ride of the year and a very much needed ride for my sanity. I thought I would try to beat the rain. Read the following quote to find out what happened.

"you know you're wet from riding in the rain when you stand out of the saddle and feel all the water move in your tights. that's waaaay past a wet chamois. 1.5 hours and half way with no where else to go but keep riding; so i did."

I was in the middle of Bradshaw Road and the temp was in the mid to lower 40's.
I started shivering the moment I made it back inside my flat... because I stopped moving and generating heat from the inside.
Props to my clothing choice. At least 1.5 hours in soaking rain and my core was still dry. Arms, legs, hands, feet, and face were soaked, but my core was dry. Amazing what a wind vest can do.

No comments: