30 August 2008

notes of interest this week

Hmm. where to begin.

So much of it happened on the same day.

Monday: I tried to pay a traffic ticket at the courthouse; one week after getting the ticket. They asked me to come back and pay later as my ticket had not be processed yet and were unable to accept my payment at that time... despite at least 3 places on my copy of the ticket urging me,the recipient, to address the matter promptly. sigh.
- also saw an old 'Elvis' at Roanoke Electric Zupply.

(This is one of the results from Google Image Searching for 'Promptly.' Get to the search engine... yah!)

Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday : it rained and i worked.

Friday: The sun came out to play. Again at Roanoke Electric Zupply, I saw a 3 legged cat and the same old Elvis. (no, he doesn't work there. he was a customer.) Elvis sighting twice in the same week? Well, it was also Michael Jackson's 50th birthday. ( I am old enough to have seen the MTV world premier of 'Thriller' video.)

Not the same cat, but you get the idea. it's kind of like.. something's not quite right. where's the fourth leg? -- if only I could have found an image of Michael Jackson holding a 3 legged cat standing next to Elvis.

Saturday: i worked and replaced my first ballast in an overhead light fixture... without shocking myself or falling of the ladder ;-)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Saturday; you had awesome moral support for replacing your first ballast in an overhead light fixture.

Kidding, mostly. Glad you didn't fry yourself, though.