05 January 2009

it's january.. time for the road bike

Yup. Dusted off the road bike. It's officially january. Taking it easy while getting in some miles.. an maybe some more miles... and maybe some more miles... and climbing.

No Frank this year to co-conspire me out in freezing weather. - Frank is still around, just on different schedules since changing jobs. - Besides, didn't take long last year for Frank to amp up into zone whatever and leave me in the cold windy dust. Guess I'll just have to inspire myself.

Inspire is just what I did today. Couldn't pass up the 50 degree weather. It was supposed to be raining today; so I hadn't plan to ride. 3pm saw no rain in site and me outside on my Serotta Nove. Always so pleased how smooth that bicycle is!

Saving grace this year... as a member of the Roanoke Valley Mountain Bike Patrol, I'll be doing at least one mountain bike ride a week on Mill Mountain.

2 comments:

frank the tank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
frank the tank said...

Next Sunday the 18th... 4+ hours, I'll be on the fixed gear... let's roll!