15 September 2008

flat tires and full moons

hmph. now that i've typed it, that title could go just about anywhere.

so, here it goes.

why i waited so late (18:15) to start my ride on my day off, i'll never know. none the less, there I was just past greenhill park and into the slow uphill on habourwood going for the long route towards wildwood. hmmm. the front seems a little sluggish. cause it's Flat!

a young lady pulls over to ask if i'm okay. sure, just changing a flat tire. Duh! why didn't i introduce myself and ask for a ride home! maybe next time.

now, i'm no Bo and Luke Duke but i'm no slow poke changing a flat either. none the less there i was committed to a longer route and burning daylight. hmm. looks like the training ride is gonna get amped.

so off i went like Rosco P. Coletrain was on my tail and my musette bag was full of moonshine. head down and givin' it all got. (sometimes, that's just a little bit more than the law will allow... but no running red lights. i did push an orange light, though near the Kroger distribution center.) back on river road, i lift my eyes a bit a catch a glimpse.. of a full moon (the astronomical type) in a soft reddish orange colour. Well, if it hadn't been for the flat, I might not have seen such a pretty collage of colour in the dusk sky!

so what was i doing out on my road bike pushing my heart rate in the first place you ask!? well, let's just say that my cyclocross bike is no longer in the back of my pile of bicycles.

(who is that coming out of the trees and over hill?)

No comments: