15 February 2006

Generator Hub Wheel Update

Sigh. I thought the lacing looked a little not quite right. Although all the spokes are in laced in the correct holes and the wheel is correctly true and tensioned, the lace pattern is a little off. Seems I went over-under-over rather than over-over-under. Sigh. The good news is that for the most part, the wheel is still good to use. However, the extra strain on the spokes and spoke heads will shorten the life of the spokes. Good thing I'm light weight. The wheel should hold for a little while at least, but will need to be entirely relaced when the first spoke goes. Sigh. It's good practice for me, though, and good lesson to learn as I develop my skills.

I've installed the rear light and have started on the wiring. Hopefully, I'll be riding generator hub style by the end of the week!

No comments: